Wee Bee Box x Hazel Village Ella Toad Garden Set
This variant is currently sold out
Hi friends - we sold out of the full sets and modified sets both at record speed (thank you, thank you for that). Looking forward to future collaborations with our dear friends at Hazel Village! Be sure to check out the rest of the collaboration workwear collection on their website.
It is with much excitement we launch and share our limited edition collaboration with our friends at Hazel Village in honor of Earth Day. This special set encourages wee bees to admire and help with gardening...while getting a little help from their Hazel Village animal friends! With your encouragement of their gardening endeavors, we hope it also cultivates an appreciation for nature all around them and a start to understanding the importance of conservation.
Our exclusive, bundled set includes:
- Ella Toad is made of green organic cotton jersey. She is stuffed with washable polyfill - she says it gives her just the right amount of buoyancy when she swims. Her eyes, hands, and feet are hand-stitched with cotton embroidery thread. She is 14" tall if you count eyeballs. If Ella gets dirty, she and her clothes can be hand-washed and air dried.
- Hazel Village workwear gardening dress: This navy blue cotton dress has a Japanese “kasuri” pattern printed on it. Velcro closure in back. Made in a small batch by Hazel Village's Cambodian artisan partners. A. dress that is perfect for gardening or attending other village gatherings.
- Workwear pinafore apron: A cotton muslin apron for her most industrious projects. It features a pocket for "this and that," and it perfectly holds her seed packet. As she tells us; a Hazel Village stamp in case the animals forget what village they live in; and two green-gray tassels in the corners to make it a little fancy. Handmade in a small batch in Brooklyn.
- Wildflower seed packet: A small blend of wildflower seeds in a tiny, stamped paper packet.
- Two peat pots: When it's still chilly out, start your seedlings inside in these biodegradable 3" pots and once the seeds sprout, just transplant the pots directly into the ground or larger plant pots. Peat pots break down in the soil and are environmentally friendly.
- 3 piece child sized garden tool set: a set of three small tools for wee bee gardeners to participate in the garden or help with houseplants and terrariums inside. Set includes rake, wide spade and narrow spade. Tool size: 7" - 8.5".
- A fill-in specimen card: a 4" x 6" letterpress specimen card for curiosity collectors to select a favorite find in nature, note and detail their observations and adhere their pressed or collected item to the card. Made in the USA.
- A reusable, waxed canvas branded lunch bag: a durable, reusable Earth friendly lunch tote handmade in the U.S.A. by our talented friends at WAAM Industries. Made of a natural hue, durable 10 oz. cotton canvas and waxed with a beeswax blend. Size: 12" x 7" x 4". The bag will soften with use and is hand washable with mild soap and water. This bag also makes an excellent place to store your Hazel Village animal clothes, garden accessories, art supplies or favorite finds.
**FULL SET ALSO INCLUDES a set of four, miniature size animal garden tools for pretend gardening play. These are delicate and should be played with very gently.
Ella also enjoys wearing our Hazel Village sweater on chilly spring mornings, working alongside her fellow Hazel Village animal friends and documenting her garden's progress with her human friends in our kid's garden journal.
SAFETY WARNING: Hazel Village animals are suitable for all ages because their faces are embroidered and they are soft dolls. We recommend for ages three and under, you remove any doll clothes that a baby or small child could pull off. All other items in this set are suitable for ages 4+. Parental supervision is required for planning seeds, gardening tools and other accessories.
About Hazel Village: Deep in a leafy grove, the clever animals of Hazel Village live in their neat little houses, happy and free. They keep their perky ears attuned to the sounds of their forest home, and use their wits to do helpful and kind projects for their neighbors. The animals’ motto in Hazel Village is one we should all follow: INDUSTRY AND GOOD CHEER, EVERY DAY AND EVERY YEAR!