We love a classic Christmas craft! These cinnamon applesauce ornaments are extremely easy to make with kids and smell so amazing too! You can use any cookie cutter shape you want.
1. Prepare dough in a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup ground cinnamon and 1/4 cup applesauce using a rubber spatula.
2. Stir in 1/2 cup craft glue. Stir the dough until consistency is smooth and dry. Let stand 1 hour.
3. Separate one quarter of dough from batch onto a cool, flat surface; flatten with your hands.
4. Flatten with a rolling pin to 1/4 inch thick. If it sticks to rolling pin or work surface, sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
5. Cut out with cookie cutters. Repeat with each of three remaining quarters of dough.
6. With a straw, poke a hole in dough for hanging. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Transfer ornaments to a baking sheet; bake, flipping once, until dry, about 2 hours.
7. Thread a length of ribbon through ornament hole. Once you take the ornaments off the tree, store them wrapped individually in tissue paper, in a cool & dry place. Reminder they are not edible. Photography by: Kate Headley Photography.